About the Program
The Health Profession Pathways program supports students from diverse backgrounds as they develop into future leaders in health professional careers.
From the moment you are accepted into the Pathways program until the day you get accepted into the health professional program of your choice, our dedicated staff will provide coaching and support as you navigate the University of Minnesota and the road to application for a health degree program.
While participating in the Pathways program, you will build a community with other pre-health students, and have the opportunity to expand your network through meaningful connections with health professional students, faculty, and mentors.
The Health Profession Pathways program is coordinated by the Pre-Health Student Resource Center, in partnership with the President's Emerging Scholars (PES) program.
Invitations to apply for the Pathways program for the 2022-2023 academic year are being sent directly via email to incoming, confirmed PES students during Spring 2022. This program is currently available for students on the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities campus. More details on Pathways eligibility, the application process, and program requirements and opportunities can be found on this site.
Health Profession Pathways students will:
- Participate in the Emerge: Summer STEM Program in Summer 2022 (July 16 - August 13)
- Have a team of coaches dedicated to your success
- Get matched with health professional school students (medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, etc.)
- Build friendships with other Pathways students who have shared goals
- Participate in hands-on experiences in the U of M health science schools and colleges, as well as shadowing and observership experiences in the Twin Cities
- Learn about and acquire knowledge, skills, and qualities that will make you a competitive applicant for health profession programs