An Online Workshop to Help You with Your Personal Statement
This online workshop will give you the structure you seek when you are preparing your statement for health professional programs. By completing the exercises, you will have a complete draft of your statement and will have the option to schedule an individualized 30-minute review of your personal statement with a Pre-Health Student Resource Center career counselor. Reviews can be completed in-person or by phone.
This workshop is available to everyone, everywhere, at no cost.
- Why admissions committees require personal statements as part of the application
- Strategies for deciding what to include in your statement
- How to present yourself and your experience in the best light
- How/if to address extenuating circumstances in your statement
- Several writing and reflection exercises for identifying your goals, strengths, weaknesses, and motivation
Please note that we are only able to review one draft statement per appointment. If you have made significant revisions to your essay after submitting your draft, please contact the Pre-Health Student Resource Center front desk to reschedule your appointment 24 hours in advance. Also, please note that whether we accept requests for reviews of supplemental/secondary essays depends on counselor appointment load.